Why this recipe Rocks:
Kale - It is a nutritionally dense “superfood”
- K (Cancer prevention)
- A (for vision & skin)
- C ( immune system, metabolism, & hydration)
- manganese, antioxidants and fiber
- It has been shown to aid in detoxing the body, fighting the growth of cancer cells and cardiovascular disease.
- It has more Iron than beef per calorie! Great for us Veggies!
- Contains Omega 6 and 3 Fatty acids
- Thiamin ( B-1) for muscles, digestion, and nervous system support.
- Phosphorus for bones and teeth
Zesty Kale Chips
1 bunch Kale (any variety will work, but I used Lacinato)
3-4 tbs Tahini
1 tsp creole seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1.5 tsp Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
1 tbs agave nectar
1 tbs lemon juice
a few drops of Cholula (or more if you like it spicy)
1. Clean the Kale throughly and de-stem, rip into chip sized pieces.
2. Blend remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth. You may need to add a few tablespoons of hot water to get a smooth consistency.
3. Add the Kale to a large mixing bowl and add the tahini mix. Incorporate with your hands until the kale is coated evenly, thick but not dripping.
4. Place on dehydrator trays at 105 for 6 hours or until dry but not brittle. Or in the oven at 325 for 20 minutes or until dried thru.